As we transition to ECU Health in the coming weeks and months, you will notice changes to our digital landscape, including ongoing updates to this site. Throughout this rebranding and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for this evolution, and what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina.GO TO SITE
Job ID: 958224
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022
About ECU Health
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations.
The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
The ECUMC 340B Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the 340B program at ECU Medical Center. General duties include oversight of 340B operations, contract pharmacy operations, regulatory compliance, auditing, and monitoring financial performance of the 340B program at ECU Medical Center in accordance with ECU Health System Policies. This position reports to the VH 340B Operations Compliance Manager.
1. Serves as the 340B subject matter expert including recertification, compliance, policies and procedures, contract pharmacy, operational issues and third party vendor software.
2. Provide assistance with the development and maintenance of ECU Health System policies and procedures for the 340B program and ensures continued internal compliance with them.
3. Develops compliance and purchase record reports. Establishes monthly 340B cost savings and contract pharmacy performance reports.
4. Identifies opportunities and coordinates the expansion of the 340B program including enhancements to current service lines, new service lines or recommends changes to increase program revenue while maintaining program compliance.
5. Collaborates with Audit and Compliance to prepare ECU Medical Center for audit readiness and completion of self-audit processes. Provides support for timely completion of HRSA recertification. Provide support for audits or compliance assessments for internal and external review.
6. Provide education and training to staff involved with the 340B program to enhance understanding of the 340B program and standardize processes.
7. Monitors utilization records and purchasing accounts to ensure that the billing extract data and split billing software are working appropriately. Evaluates and corrects problems with accumulations or purchases.
8. Coordinates 340B program activities with all departments involved in the 340B program, Pharmacy, Central Billing Office, Audit and Compliance, Information Services, Purchasing, Radiology and child sites for ECU Medical Center.
9. Works with manufacturers, Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and Apexus, 340B prime vendor, to evaluate cost savings based on available contracts and to obtain 340B pricing when not offered by manufacturers.
10. Participate in National 340B conferences/educational webinars and monitor Safety Net Hospitals for Pharmaceutical Access (SNHPA)(aka 340B Health), Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) and Apexus newsletters and websites to keep current of the latest developments regarding the 340B program.
Four year degree in Business, Finance, Pharmacy, or Accounting. Prefer Masters Degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Pharmacy or related.
2 years or greater in related work experience. Must have a minimum of 1 year experience working with 340B program.
APEXUS advanced 340b operations certificate is PREFERRED
Full time with benefits. This position is located in Greenville NC
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.