As we transition to ECU Health in the coming weeks and months, you will notice changes to our digital landscape, including ongoing updates to this site. Throughout this rebranding and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for this evolution, and what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina.GO TO SITE
Job ID: 957354
Facility: Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
Location: Ahoskie, NC
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2022
About ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed community hospital located in Ahoskie. Serving four nearby counties, the 15-bed emergency department sees approximately 18,000 patients per year. ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital provides a wide range of health services, including medical, surgical and radiation oncology. In addition, the Wound Healing and Pain Management clinics serve as referral centers for neighboring ECU Health hospitals and providers.
1. Professional: The ED Paramedic functions as a professional representative of the Vidant system and shall support and up-hold the mission, goals, and objectives of the system at all times. The ED Paramedic will:
2. Clinical: The ED Paramedic is responsible for rendering advanced life support care to critically ill or injured patients as directed by ED physicians and in adherence with established protocols and standards of care.
The ED Paramedic will:
3. Operational: The ED Paramedic is responsible for thorough knowledge of the Vidant policies and procedures, and shall assist in meeting operational goals and objectives.
4. Quality Improvement: The ED Paramedic shall be responsible for supporting and participating in the Vidant Quality Improvement Plan. The ED Paramedic will ensure adherence to, and updates as needed, Vidant policies and procedures, in conjunction/collaboration with the Vidant Leadership and the ED Medical Director.
5. Continuing Education: The ED Paramedic will:
6. Staffing: As an employee of the Vidant system, the ED Paramedic shall support continuity of service through flexibility in scheduling and base assignment. The ED Paramedic will be prepared and prompt in reporting for scheduled shifts as assigned.
7. Special Projects: The ED Paramedic shall participate in system wide and ED projects on an ongoing basis. The ED Paramedic will:
8. Patient Confidentiality and Privacy: The ED Paramedic shall protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Vidant Privacy Policies.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Current certification by the state of North Carolina as a Paramedic
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Graduated from an approved Paramedic program
This is a PRN (on a as needed basis) position. Includes nights weeks and holidays.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.