Introducing the Vidant Health Travel Staffing Program, a new workforce opportunity that allows you to provide care at any of our eight hospitals in beautiful eastern North Carolina. With premium compensation, generous shift bonuses and the full support of our mission-driven health care system, Vidant will be your partner in building a life and a career you love.
- Diploma in Nursing, Associates in Nursing or higher, BSN is preferred
- 1+ year of nursing experience is required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification is required
- ACLS as appropriate (required for intensive or progressive care)
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet the twenty four (24) hour needs of the patients
- Possess organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to utilize effective and confidential communication in patient, interdisciplinary, and staff relationships
- Maintains stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications
- Not currently employed by Vidant Health or separated for 92 days, having left in good standing
- Base pay: up to $80 per hour for all travel nursing positions
- Shift bonus: up to $980 per worked week, based on distance from home residence
- Overtime (over 40 hours), call-back and holiday pay: 1.5x base hourly rate
- Stand-by pay: $3.00 per hour
- Charge/preceptor pay: $2.00 per hour
Whatever your interest, you'll find a career that moves you
We are looking for experienced nurses to join the Vidant Health Travel Staffing team. Opportunities are available for all inpatient units—Medicine, Emergency, Critical Care, Surgery, Operative Services, Oncology, Women's & Children's, Cardiac, Progressive Care (PCU), Behavioral Health and Rehabilitation—at each of our facilities, from our academic medical center to our critical access hospitals.
Internal Travel Staffing positions are not eligible for health benefits, shifts or weekend differentials, incentive pay, PTO or float pool differentials.
Additonal position details
- 13-week assignments with option to extend at the discretion of manager
- Travel team members are expected to:
- Float to other areas as needed
- Rotate shifts to meet department needs as determined by the Manager (may include 11 a.m.-11 p.m., 7 a.m.-7 p.m., 3 p.m.-3 a.m., 7 p.m.-7 a.m. and/or other shifts as determined by organizational needs)
- Adhere to required attendance of unit staff meetings, completion of e-inform modules, and completion of required organizational continuing education
- Use the scheduling system to manage their schedule, including non-duty/time-off requests
- Organizational policies will be applicable to internal travel team members, notwithstanding Internal Travel Staffing Program specifications included within each assignment acknowledgement
Vidant Health at a glance
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, physician-led system with an extensive reach. Our system of care includes an exceptional academic medical center with two campuses, seven community hospitals, plus physician practices, hospice and more – all working together to serve 1.4 million people across eastern North Carolina, a region that makes up a third of the state.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.