About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the supervising of team members, coordination and distribution of work assignments and assisting members of leadership to complete all duties as assigned.
- Primary duties includes, but are not limited to:
- Assist ES Leadership with coordination and supervision of work assignments.
- Provide continuous training to meet quality standards.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- Secondary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously strive to increase team member engagement and patient experience.
- Respond urgently to requests, concerns, and distribute information to staff and ES leaders.
- Monitor Epic for prompt and thorough completion of discharges.
- Coach team members for improving performance, and perform HR related duties to drive performance, as needed.
- High School or equivalent (or higher)
- 0-2 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage, teach, make independent decisions and assume responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of team members.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Futuristic approach to the development of programs/systems that support continuous quality improvement and Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Ability to function as a leader and execute the desired outcomes.
- Must exhibit creative, positive problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to foster collaboration between multiple parties, plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups, ability to think critically, conceptually and apply concepts in a practical application, assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and determine a course of action.
- Commitment to a high standard of Team Member and Patient experience.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.