This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 954502
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2022
About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
This position must be perceived as a role model in seamlessly leading the integration of patient and family experience operations and innovations within VMC. As the Experience Supervisor for Guest Relations, you will be creating a positive organizational culture by providing team members direction and guidance, developing them through training, providing coaching and mentoring, setting performance standards, and, when necessary, taking action to remedy gaps in performance and coordinate with the Experience Manager for learning plans and or compliance with our collaborative culture of safety standards.
1. Supervises and directs the daily work of Experience Greeters and Experience Coordinators.
2. Organizes and participates in interviewing hiring candidates. Offers feedback to manager for team member performance appraisals. Monitors employee performance and takes appropriate action as needed.
3. Takes action to remedy gaps in performance and coordinate with manager for learning plans and or compliance with our collaborative culture of safety standards
4. Monitors time and attendance. Develops and monitors departmental staffing schedules, ensures adequate coverage and provides operational support as needed.
5. Keeps team up-to-date on all pertinent information regarding the organization and experience best practices. Role models this behavior consistently.
6. Operates within established guidelines to stay within budget and ensure team members have supplies and equipment needed.
7. Participates with the development of innovations and accompanying policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
8. Maintains positive and collaborative working relationship with all VMC departments
9. Builds and sustains high reliability through safety habits, safety huddles, leader connections and follow up that provide opportunities to foster engagement with two way, transparent communication to develop and sustain authentic "power with" relationships.
10. Maintains high visibility and contact with team member's patients and families to gather data that will assist in enhancing experience in care outcomes.
11. Routinely meets with patient experience manager to innovate, plan, implement and remove barriers to foster positive experience for patients, families and team members. Attends appropriate meetings.
12. Supervises projects and programs such as Lost and Found within Vidant Medical Center. Maintains databases, runs reports and monitors achievement of goals.
Associate degree or higher is required.
3 to 4 years of experience required within health care, customer service, hospitality or working with people. Supervisory experience preferred.
Progressively responsible experience in guest relations departments, hospitality service positions.
Experience in a hospital or medical facility or other related business field.
Requires extensive walking and mobility throughout the organization.
Full time with benfits
2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.