About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
The Director of Professional Practice and Magnet program position responsibilites include the following:
- Accountable for cultivating and sustaining a professional practice environment for Vidant Medical Center nursing that includes leading all aspects of the ANCC Journey to Magnet Excellence, Magnet Designation and Magnet Re-designation Processes. Responsible for the Magnet application submission, leading processes for writing the Magnet document, electronic submission of the Magnet Document to the American Nurses Credentialing Center and site visit preparation
- Submit the two year interim report. Evaluate nurse sensitive indicator data, organizational quality outcomes and national benchmarks to assure Vidant Medical Center data is better than national benchmarks
- Administer Specialty Certification programs and contracts, track, trend & disseminate specialty certification and advanced degree data. Accountable to assure data are disseminated and enculturated across nursing
- Assess, implement and develop structures and processes for successful Journey to Magnet Excellence activities
- Lead efforts to sustain a culture of nursing excellence and exemplary professional practice that aligns with the Magnet Model components, nursing goals, and organizational strategic goals
- Lead a group of clinical nurse specialists to continuously advance nursing practice
- Responsible for budgeting dollars for external consultants and internal Magnet Re-designation partnerships
- Develop, disseminate, educate and mentor nurses at all levels of the organization regarding the sources of evidence and Magnet Model Components
- Facilitate structures and processes for an effective shared decision making model to support exemplary professional practice, quality care and patient outcomes
- Responsible for building strong professional relationships with other nursing communities and professional organizations as well as external consultants such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center and Magnet Recognition Program to enhance a culture of excellence
- Serves as a resource to nurses at all levels of the organization, for the benefit of promoting and sustaining exemplary nursing professional practice and dissemination of evidence based nursing practices
- Resource, consultant and collaborator with other Magnet Program Directors across the state of North Carolina
- BSN, MSN required
- RN License required
- More than 5 years clinical experience, professional practice and development, research, and quality and leadership is required
- Doctorate in Nursing (PhD or DNP) preferred
- Magnet director program experience preferred
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please call, email or text:
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Cell Phone: 252.341.7462
Email: [email protected]