About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
The Team Member Relations Consultant II is responsible for establishing and developing trusted relationships with local Leadership, the HRBP teams, and key stakeholders. This position assists in the day-to-day team member relations function for assigned multi-facility locations to include consultation on team member relations issues for staff and leadership. Facilitates initiatives to foster a positive team member relations environment that aligns with the mission and values of Vidant Health. This individual serves as the subject matter expert responsible for team member relations investigations and reporting; identifies and recommends solutions.
- Assists in the system coordination of team member relation issues.
- Continues to build on HR competencies and team member relations acumen by collaborating as needed with Team Member Relations leadership and the HRBPs.
- Continues to develop into a subject matter expert on employment laws to appropriately apply information to employee relation matters.
- Collaborates with leadership and stakeholders to create legally sound solutions to complex cases and maximizes opportunities for success of employees and the business.
- Provides Employee Relations coverage and support after hours as needed (24 hours support).
- Helps to maintain a positive employee relations climate by facilitating discussions or by providing consistent advice and guidance to managers and employees for problem resolution of work-related conflict.
- Coaches departmental leadership in carrying out their responsibilities on employee relations matters.
- Conducts investigations and recommends resolution for all employee relations problems.
- Supports the local HRBP in the employee appeals and grievance process.
- Meets regularly with local HRBP to advise of recent employee relations matters and review facility specific analytics.
- Recognizes patterns and anticipates employee-related issues; develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Supports Employee Relations leadership and Legal in conducting employee relations investigations or pending litigation.
- Escalates complex Employee Relations matters to Employee Relations Leadership, Legal, or HRBP team as needed and coordinates the partnership of key stakeholders.
- Conducts sexual and racial harassment complaint investigations. Interviews complainant and alleged harasser. Arrives at conclusion and recommends plan of resolution.
- Facilitates facility unemployment compensation hearings (with manager), return to work and ADA Interactive processes.
- Identifies and recommends retention strategies and positive employee relations initiatives.
- Orients new facility leaders to the processes and philosophy of the Employee Relations partnership.
- Reviews and provides constructive feedback on Corrective Action documentation and recommends the appropriate level of corrective action. Interprets Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Represents Vidant Health in all ESC unemployment benefit hearings. Reviews personnel records and identifies pertinent documentation. Obtains supporting witnesses for individual cases, consults with attorneys as needed. Appeals cases as needed.
- Collaborates with Corporate Compliance regarding HIPAA violations. Notifies manager of violation. Monitors corrective action taken.
- Responsible for delivering key updates and data to the HR leadership and executive teams.
- Facilitates positive relationships and communications between team members and departments, through various means, such as attending meetings, having one-to-one communications, and generally being visible and accessible to colleagues and staff.
- Adopts a mindset of continuous improvement and commitment to enhancing service delivery to customers.
- Actively participates in team huddles and meetings. Provides updates and feedback in a positive, professional manner. Communicates concerns through appropriate outlets with a focus on mutual respect and understanding.
- Cross train to ensure working knowledge of various tasks within the department in order to back-fill and/or provide support to teammates as needed.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Master's degree is preferred
- 3-4 years of experience is required
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.