As we transition to ECU Health in the coming weeks and months, you will notice changes to our digital landscape, including ongoing updates to this site. Throughout this rebranding and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for this evolution, and what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina.GO TO SITE
Job ID: 949688
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2021
About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
Coordinates the provision of care for patients
1. Responsible for patient movement requiring a nurse to monitor from general to the intermediate care levels
2. Understands transport monitor functions, the use and assessment points for intermediate level gtts, and knowledge of blood infusions
3. Obtains a ticket to ride or an appropriate hand off report from primary care nurse
4. Demonstrate knowledge of using the operational system, currently the EPIC Transport Rover system that will initiate patient movement
5. Assures healing without harm through use of safety habits and error prevention tools, periodic rounding, and engagement in daily safety huddle
6. Obtains and interprets initial and ongoing systematic patient/family assessment data, incorporating information from other appropriate sources.
7. Collaborates with primary nurse, patient/family/significant others(s) and interdisciplinary team members to mutually formulate realistic and measurable outcomes based on clinical presentation and plan of care.
8. Implements and actions interventions identified in the plan of care with consideration for patients' needs across the life span.
9. Reports to primary nurse any changes in progress while transporting the patient
10.Uses informatics tools, principles, and practices to make health care safer, more effective, efficient, and patient centered by incorporating technologies into nursing practice.
Coordinates the healthcare team
1. Collaborates with the health care team, shift to shift, discipline to discipline, site to site, in the organization of tasks and activities for the patient's care from during tranports according the plan of care.
2. Delegates appropriate tasks/activities commensurate with educational preparation and demonstrated abilities of the persons supervised .
3. Communicates effectively with patients/families and other members of the health care team.
4. Promotes the professional development of self and team members.
5. Participates in quality and performance improvement efforts
6. Analyzes clinical situations in a systematic way and acts to obtain resources or correct problems to best meet the patient's health care needs.
7. Demonstrates team behaviors to support the effectiveness of the health care team and provides feedback to team members as appropriate.
1. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing is required.
2. Bachelors Degree in nursing is preferred.
3. 2 years experience, one year of which is in IU, ED, Transport, or ICU.
4. Current NC RN license or licensure to practice in a participating Nurse Licensure Compact state Health Care Provider is required
5. Basic Life Support certificate is required.
6. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certificate is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required: (i.e. supervision, computers, etc.)
1. Flexibility in scheduling to meet the twenty four (24) hour needs of the patients.
2. Possess organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
3. Ability to utilize effective and confidential communication in patient, interdisciplinary, and staff relationships.
4. Maintains stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands.
5. Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.