Rebranding changes continue to unfold on our Careers website as we update the Talent Acquisition portals housed within. Throughout this process and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina and for the incredible team members who are helping to make it happen.GO TO SITE
Job ID: 967407
Facility: ECU Health
Dept: Business Office
Location: Greenville, NC
Shift: Not Applicable
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2024
About ECU Health
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations.
The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
Credit Coordinator serves as liaison between collection agency vendors and ECU Health and as a public relations representative in general. This position oversees pre-agency screening and agency referral processes and manages post- referral issues. Coordinator also monitors and reports on bad debt recoveries and helps to set standards and procedures for processing bad debt accounts.
1. Manages pre-agency screening of accounts via Medlytix and Passport and reviewes for referral determination.
3. Handles customer calls on agency accounts that cannot be handled by Patient Counselors.
4. Participates in establishment and implementation of standards and procedures for processing bad debt accounts.
5. Facilitates agency recruitment by maintaining communication with various vendors and participating in agency interview process.
6. Reviews agency recalls utilizing working knowledge of hospital policy, agency contractual agreements and Fair Debt Collection Practices.
7. Prepares, maintains and distributes agency recovery statistics.
8. Reviews and maintains daily bad debt payment report and reconciles Bad Debt Off Master GL.
9. Reviews monthly agency vouchers for accurracy and approves them for payment.
10. Other duties as assigned.
2. Represents the CBO to all ECU Health entities, the collection agencies and to debtors, while promoting and administering ECU Health policies regarding bad debt accounts.
Associate Degree or higher is required.
3 -5 years experience in a Patient accounts setting
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please contact:
Angie Nichols, Talent Acquisition Consultant
ECU Health Talent Acquisition
Email: [email protected]