Rebranding changes continue to unfold on our Careers website as we update the Talent Acquisition portals housed within. Throughout this process and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina and for the incredible team members who are helping to make it happen.GO TO SITE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 959235
Facility: Access East, Inc
Dept: Tailored Care Management
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2023
About ECU Health
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations.
The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
The Community Coordinator is responsible for aligning patients with necessary resources within the community setting as a component of ECU Healths Care Coordination model. Responsibilities include evaluating patient needs and making referrals to transportation services, provider offices to establish care, community resources, and assisting clinical case managers in preventive and chronic care management activities as directed.
This position may also serve as a Community Coordinator for the KBR Farmworker Program Access East in Eastern North Carolina. Will include some nights and weekends. Candidate must have experience with farmworkers and H2A initiatives.
1. Links patients to community resources and agencies in order to support health needs. Manages a group of patients referred by care coordination program for linkage to community resources, agencies, and programs. Identifies community resources available to assist the patient in managing their health needs, including but not limited to: arranging transportation to and from healthcare settings such as provider offices, referring to community programs targeting self-management education, and linking to community services such as social services, meals on wheels, etc. Keeps accurate and updated listings of community resources and agencies and serves as a resource to care coordination team and ambulatory practices in identification of available resources. Follows through with linking patient to resource and ensuring the patient has been given necessary information. Follows up as needed to ensure patient was able to keep appointments and needs were addressed. Maintains accurate documentation within the medical record and completeness of referrals to meet regulations and documentation standards.
2. Assists care coordination staff in outreach to patients and families in order to meet care needs. Obtains a list of patients from care coordination staff with identified care gaps and performs multimodal (phone, letter, electronic, MyChart, virtual, etc) outreach with the patient and/or family/caregiver. Follows protocol to identify appropriate service or tests (preventive or chronic) that will close care gap(s). Sends outbound communication to patient and/or family to inform of needed services. Maintains accurate documentation within the medical record of all communications and protocols. Links patients back to provider offices as indicated. Assists in scheduling patients as needed for preventive and chronic care services per protocol. Maintains accurate data registry for end of month closeout and reviews.
4. If assigned to the Farmworker Program, this position will serve as a Community Coordinator for the KBR Farmworker Program Access East in Eastern North Carolina. Will include some nights and weekends. Candidate must have experience with farmworkers and H2A initiatives.
5. Other duties as assigned by manager.
3. Maintains professional, efficient, and collaborative relationship with peers and community agencies. Demonstrates ECU Health mission, vision, and attributes at all times. Maintains professionalism at all times and keeps team updated with patient status regularly. Maintains confidentiality of all patient/family information and maintains a non-judgemental attitude. Functions within role capabilities and requirements, does not exceed scope. Demonstrates effective communication skills to influence positive behavior.
High School plus 1-2 yrs of formal training/education
Training as medical assistant, nursing assistant, health educator, EMR, Medic, or other health related field preferred.
5 years clinical experience directly supporting patients and/or providers in an ambulatory setting may be substituted for 1 year of formal training.
5 years or more work experience in areas of case management, patient/client relations, managed care, provider's office preferred.
Full time, benefits eligible position
Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 5:00
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please contact:
D'metrius Dew, Talent Acquisition Consultant
ECU Health Talent Acquisition
Email: [email protected]