As we transition to ECU Health in the coming weeks and months, you will notice changes to our digital landscape, including ongoing updates to this site. Throughout this rebranding and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for this evolution, and what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina.GO TO SITE
Job ID: 963860
Facility: ECU Health Phys Team Member
Dept: Family Med Wilson Glendale
Location: Greenville, NC
Shift: Not Applicable
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
About ECU Health
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations.
The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
The position of Service Line Coordinator is needed for the hospital-based service lines. Responsibilities will include registration, charge capture, administrative support and other tasks necessary for successful operations of the assigned hospital-based service lines.
1. Coordinates all operations in support of Service Line Providers: Identifies current trends, problems and activities to facilitate decision processes and policy making. Acts as the main contact for physicians being able to solve problems, maintain smooth operations, and enhance opportunities. Serves as a liaison among the hospital staff, physicians. Maintains appropriate levels of supplies for support of physicians and professional fee revenue cycle. Serves the administrative needs of the service lines as appropriate. Coordinates and/or provides education for Providers. Coordinates recruiting and candidate selection process. Assures Providers have the necessary IT connections, and Provider requirements. Coordinates and provides orientation for new Providers as appropriate.
2. Coordinates patient care and throughput: Manages patient list and assists in Provider patient assignments. Facilitates communication with between providers. Act as point of contact for patient/family centered care. Collects data for use in planning and decision processes.
3. Maintains personnel schedule, time & attendance, and appropriate payroll or accounts payable payment: Collaborates with Medical Director/service line leader in creating work schedule and helping to find extra coverage when needed. Signs off T&A in KRONOS. Verifies attendance of moonlighters and processes paperwork for their compensation. Generates report of Provider usage trends to administration as requested.
4. Assures Credentialing and Insurance for Providers. Works closely with Credentialing Office to maintain up to date credentialing. Works with Insurance Department to assure up to date medical malpractice.
5. Manages Physician Charge Entry. Maintains Provider information in billing system. Enters registration and charge entry data as needed. Monitors charge entry by providers giving support and education as needed. Ensures billing codes are up to date and correct. Analyzes charge entry monthly generating reports for leadership. Assists internal audit and compliance monitoring. (VMG Only)
6. Manages Budget for Department. Contributes to development and management of department budget. Collects data, calculates, and facilitates payment of Productivity/Quality portion of Provider compensation. Processes invoices to accounts payable, records expenses, and reports to leadership.
Full time position, benefits eligible
Monday - Friday daytime hours
Located in Wilson
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please contact:
Gwen, Interim Talent Acquisition Consultant
ECU Health Talent Acquisition
Email: [email protected]