As we transition to ECU Health in the coming weeks and months, you will notice changes to our digital landscape, including ongoing updates to this site. Throughout this rebranding and into the future we remain committed to the communities we proudly serve. We’re excited for this evolution, and what it means for the future of health care in eastern North Carolina.GO TO SITE
Job ID: 959681
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Aug 10, 2022
About ECU Health Medical Center
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the 974-bed flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the primary teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center has achieved Magnet® designation twice and provides acute and intermediate care, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people.
1. Under direction of the Nurse Manager, is delegated certain responsibilities and authority for managing a nursing unit. These responsibilities are coordinating, evaluating and improving nursing care and assisting the Nurse Manager in promoting safe, cost effective, quality patient care.
2. Assigns patient care to staff.
3. Acts as liaison between the patient, family and physician.
4. Develops leadership/managerial role.
5.Participates in Service Excellence Program.
1. Delegated certain responsibilities and authority for managing a nursing unit: Holds staff accountable for functioning at the end of their job descriptions and initiates disciplinary action as needed. Participates in budget planning and cost containment plans. Coordinates, evaluates and improves nursing care. Promotes safe, cost effective quality patient care. Participates in direct patient care to patients and their families. Assists the Nurse Manager in evaluating, commending and providing guidance to staff. Evaluates and supervises documentation of care. Assists in providing patient, family and staff education. Performs ongoing assessment of unit needs and takes responsibilities for adjusting staffing schedule as needed.
2. Assigns care to staff based on acuity of the patients and competency of staff. Demonstrates appropriate caring behavior in the workplace, treating patients, their families, visitors and staff with respect and dignity.
3. Acts as liaison between patient, family and physician. Serves as communication agent between Nursing Administration and shift staff.
4. Develops leadership/managerial role: Shows evidence of continued professional growth and fulfills annual education requirements for supervisors. Interprets policies and procedures to staff members. Facilitates needed changes in policies, procedures and protocols. Serves as a resource to staff in problem identification and solution. Impacts staff behavior for improved staff relations and patient care. Utilizes support services appropriately.
5. Demonstrates active participation in the QAI process.
BSN required- or higher. NCRN licensure required.
One year of additional graduate education may be substituted for one year of experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
Two to three years of clinical experience in nursing, one year of which is in the clinical subspecialty required. Prefer previous leadership experience and knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Groupwise. Time in staffing (functioning in the charge nurse roll) and office time will be based on OIP recommendations for the unit.
Previous leadership experience and knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Groupwise.
This position is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.