About ECU Health Medical Center
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the 974-bed flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the primary teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center has achieved Magnet® designation twice and provides acute and intermediate care, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people.
- The CAP Case Manager professional manages Community Alternative Program clients and provides medical social work assistance to agency home health patients.
- Position collaborates with the client, family, agency clinical staff, and other health care providers to facilitate client access to those health and social services which enhance the clients health and well-being and his/her ability to adhere to the prescribed social support medical treatment regimen in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
- The social work case manager provides case management services to an identified CAP client caseload as assigned by the Home Care and CAP Supervisor.
- Provides medical social work for home health patients as assigned by Home Care and CAP Supervisor in consultation with the Clinical Programs Manager.
- Position facilitates client access to requisite health/community resources and identifies and participates in the development of new resources when needed.
- Contributes to service excellence at the unit, division, and hospital level.
- Performs as a team member by generating ideas, respecting the opinions and contributions of the team and supporting the teams recommendations and suggestions.
- Collaborates with client and appropriate personnel to develop and maintain current case management plans which are consistent with clients current and potential problems, the medical care plan, client goals, and financial resources.
- Effectively communicates case management plans, upcoming Medicaid spend downs and other client-related activities both verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel and agencies.
- Performs follow-up assessments (at least monthly or more often when appropriate) and maintains contact with client, community case managers and service providers to monitor effectiveness of case management plan in achieving outcome objectives and ensure continuity of care.
- Updates and revises case management plans in collaboration with client, case management team, physician, and other providers whenever indicated.
- A bachelors degree in social work or related degree from an accredited college or university required. Masters degree in social work from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Evidence of at least two years of clinical experience providing direct social work services to clients in the clinical specialty area is preferred.
- Previous experience as a case manager desirable.
- Evidence of a high level of skill in assessment, identification or problems, development of community resources, and patient and family counseling.
- Evidence of participation in career development for professional growth through use of literature, research and educational activities.
- HeartSaver certification is required.
- Must have Valid N.C. driver's license with minimum NC automobile insurance requirements.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.